Instructions to members of public about CO. OP. HSG. Societies and how to prevent cheating at the time of purchasing flats.
1. VERIFICATION OF OWNERSHIP OF LAND
- Ensure from the City Survey office that the developer has been granted the N.O.C and the land is Non-Agricultural (N.A.).
- For clear title, 7/12 (Sat Bara) Extract to be verified from the "Talathi" OR "Tahasildar" office.
- For Land in Dispute or in legal litigation - approach "Bailiff" or "Arbitrator" from High Court.
2. N.O.C.’s OF VARIOUS AUTHORITIES
3.TO CHECK THE LEGALITY OF THE CONSTRUCTION
- A) Checking of Commencement Certificate or Intimation of Disapproval by the Municipal authorities.
- B) Contact the Builder / Developer for:
- 1. Plans submitted by the architect.
- 2. Notice in Newspaper for clearance of title of the land.
- 3. Certificate from solicitor.
- 4. Confirm whether Residential or Commercial.
- 5. F.S.I. permitted, and utilized by the builder.
- 6. Percentage of reservation made for Government flats or any special category.
- 7. Whether covered under Urban Land Ceiling Reservation.